Application deadline: 09/04/2018
Work place: Rome, national and international business trips may be required.
Coordinator: Senior Head of Activism Unit
Contract: contratto di collaborazione coordinata e continuativa (COCOCO), from one to three year fixed-term contract (based on work experience), renewable.
Gross Annual Salary: about € 21.600
Benefits: negotiable gross annual salary and bonus. You’ll be part of an international network of colleagues and partners with professional growth opportunities, training and development.
Please be informed that the first round of interviews will take place on 16 and 17 April 2018. Those selected must attend the interviews on these dates.
We are looking for a Youth Empowerment and Camps Project Officer, a professional who will be responsible for develop, facilitate and implement our youth engagement and activism strategies, plans, and national project (Amnesty Summer Lab in particular). We’re looking for a team worker who will deal with engagement and training project design, in order to ensure a contribution to growth in constituency for human rights impact.
About the Role
The Youth Empowerment and Camps Project Officer ensures the following goals are reached:
- Managing the design, coordination and implementation of empowerment actions and projects for youth from the ages of 14 to 25 and from 25 to 35.
- Developing, managing, promoting and organizing complex training programs and events (e.g: Amnesty Summer Lab) in order to ensure participation, empowerment and impact on civil society.
- Collaborating to community organize projects in order to increase the participation, engagement and leadership of young people and rights holders as a contribution to growth in constituency for human rights impact.
- Capturing and analyzing political, civil society developments and trends, metrics, insights and best practices in order to continuously improve our activism techniques, and then act with a data-driven approach.
We are looking for a Youth Empowerment and Camps Project Officer with the following characteristics:
- University degree (or equivalent) in Human Sciences, training or community organizing master degree (or equivalent) is an asset.
- At least two years of postgraduate professional experience in activism or training sector with similar tasks, preferably in an international not for profit organization;
- proven experience in conducting successful empowerment and training projects with youth (14-35);
- experience in organizing significant activist communities.
Technical skills and knowledge
- Excellent knowledge of engagement patterns and scales, training methodologies and participative approaches.
- Excellent knowledge of youth activism best practices and tools together with membership organizations.
- Good knowledge in data analysis and reporting, fluency in oral and written Italian and English.
- Identifying and understanding key information about relevant human rights issues.
- Continuous learning: encourage and create a climate of learning, keen to develop and improve self and others to meet goals.
- Communications and influencing: ability to communicate consistent messages with integrity and gain commitment from different audiences.
- Project Management: developing and managing clearly defined work plans and identify objectives, results and success indicators in light of organizational strategies and of obligations, opportunities and resources.
Amnesty International is an international movement made up of over 7 million people who dedicate themselves to protecting and promoting human rights. We are active in the Global North and Global South. In Italy, our organization has 70.000 supporters and 2.000 activists. In order to remain independent most of our income is from individuals and private foundations. In the Activism Unit we manage strategies, tactics and tools for the recruitment, retention and empowerment of activists in order to develop the community of human rights defenders.
How to Apply
In order to apply for this post, please send:
- curriculum vitae containing the personal data processing authorisation according to Law Decree 196/2003;
- cover letter containing a self-assessment of the above-described characteristics (About You section of the vacancy);
- recommendation letter.
Please make sure the three files are in PDF format and their titles are “first name last name CV”, “first name last name CL”, and “first name last name RL”.
Please send the files to the Human Resources and Organisational Development Unit by writing to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org (applications sent to other e-mail addresses will be disregarded).
The e-mail subject must be “Youth Empowerment and Camps Project Officer”. Please also indicate how you came across the vacancy information.
Only applications including these criteria and received by 9 April 2018 will be taken into consideration.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within ten days after the vacancy closes.
We receive a huge number of applications for our vacancies, thus we cannot reply to applicants who don’t make it to the longlist and we apologize for this: please be aware that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We are committed to creating and sustaining a working environment in which everyone has an equal opportunity to fulfill their potential and we welcome applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community.